A lot of Connection Errors

AdventCalendar 15:14 08 Jun 2003

if i click onto the newtwork connections icon on my toolbar, it allows me to see the status of my connection.

The connection speeds, the time connected, and bytes sent and recieved....do you know what i mean?

well, on my connection the error counter clocks up very very quickly. Ive checked this on my friends and they dont seem to have any. In 30 minutes, i had 2554 errors, and yesterday on my mates, they had 3!!!....why is this? and is it important?

please help

Andsome 15:21 08 Jun 2003

Sorry, don't understand the question.

AdventCalendar 15:36 08 Jun 2003

sorry....

down near the clock in the bottom right hand corner there is an icon that looks like 2 screens next to each other, right click on that, and then on 'status'....thats what im on about.

akzah 15:52 08 Jun 2003

Well less errors the faster your connection, check your modem is correctly fitted and has the correct settings.

I had this problem once when I incorrectly steup my modem.

Akbar

Andsome 21:18 08 Jun 2003

On dial up connections these two green TV sets when you click on status, shows the connection speed at that particular time. The higher the better. With NTL dial up I used to regularly achieve 50000 bps, occasionally this would drop to 48000. On broadband these two icons do not appear. If you are achieving in the region of 30000 or so, this is a very slow connection. Hope this explains it.

Andsome 21:23 08 Jun 2003

PS

My memory is a little rusty as I have been on broadband for some time now. The number of bytes received is alway higher that the bytes sent. If I remember correctly the actual connection speed is shown by just holding the pointer over the icons. No doubt someone will correct me if my memory is faulty.

hugh-265156 21:26 08 Jun 2003

with ntl connected via nic i just click task manager networking to see details.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?