lost wireless connection on laptop!!!

welshpet 14:48 19 Oct 2007

I set up my own wireless system last year after purchasing a 3Com Office Connect ADSL 11g Firewall Router from Misco. I went away for a week to Cornwall last week, and since coming back am unable to connect my laptop to the router.
I have a desktop computer upstairs, which is where the router and the telephone line are. I've tried everything I can think of, but am nearly pulling my hair out as to what else I can try. My laptop is a Toshiba Tecra AEX. Any helpful advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Taff™ 15:01 19 Oct 2007

Can you connect to the router from the upstairs desktop and surf the net? If so are you connected via cable? This establishes that your ADSL line is working.

Have you tried turning off all the computers and then disconnecting the router for five minutes? Reboot the router and then reboot each computer in turn.

Strawballs 15:29 19 Oct 2007

This may sound silly but if the laptop has built in wireless did you inadvertently switch off the wireless on the laptop? mine has a button just below the keyboard and I got home from work one day to find my wife complaining that the internet was not working. It turned out the the cat had walked across the keyboard while she was using it and trod on the wireless button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017