lost wallpaper ??

Ikelos 09:59 30 May 2006

hi, against my better judgement I let the grandkids on here yesterday, heard them both laughing, and they had changed the wallpaper,thing is, I can not find it to put it back, i did a search for "jpg" and it was not there, then i thought, system restore, still no good,.... so, has it been lost forever,or could it be in here somewhere... thanks

mattyc_92 10:12 30 May 2006

Was it one of Windows Default Wallpaper?

If so, I am happy to send you the missing one(s) via e-mail

alan227 10:13 30 May 2006

Try this, right click your desktop / left click Properties / left click Desktop / and see if it is listed their, if it is click on the entry / click Apply / click OK.

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:16 30 May 2006

Have a look in Windows/web/wallpaper. You can always make your own, I sometimes use a holiday pic taken on a digital camera, but you can use any good quality jpeg, add to above folder.

Ikelos 10:19 30 May 2006

hi, thank you both for the help, it was not a default wallpaper, and it is not listed in the wallpaer section, it was a anime picture of a geisha girl, been through countless sites and can not,at this moment find it.. but thanks anyway

martjc 10:22 30 May 2006

...look in the recycle bin. You may find it there.

martjc 10:24 30 May 2006

.it could have been a .bmp, gif, or some other format.

martjc 10:27 30 May 2006

...click here
or some other similar place.

mattyc_92 10:31 30 May 2006

Did they actually change the wallpaper, or set to "none"?
If they set to none, then go to c:\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\microsoft and there should be a "wallpaper1.bmp" file. This contains your LAST wallpaper

Ikelos 10:35 30 May 2006

hi all, just done another search for,gif,bmp. and no joy, I am now certain it came from "aninme wallpapers" so i am now going to go back in there and see if it is there, thanks all..

not in the waste bin..............

Ikelos 10:42 30 May 2006

they changed it to a load of pink hearts..thing is, I put together a desktop PC running win98 for them to mess with, then one of them wanted to check something on the laptop, so, without the brain being engaged, i said yes.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires