Lost a tray icon

Derek 05:28 16 Nov 2006

Bottom right hand corner I used to have an icon that raised a box to terminate a USB device.

"...it is safe to remove the hardwa..."

It's dissappeared. Please help.

spacecadet 05:33 16 Nov 2006

right click anywhere on toolbar,click properties ,then customize you should see it in there

Derek 07:42 16 Nov 2006

"Safely Remove Hardware" is there and I have marked it "Always Show" but no change, it still dosn't reside where it should, even after a re-start.

Many thanks for your continued support Spacecadet.

skidzy 07:45 16 Nov 2006

click here as a workaround.

Derek 08:35 16 Nov 2006

Thank you Skidzy, gone the way you said and dowloaded the article...and signed up for more, Many thanks.

skidzy 08:48 16 Nov 2006

Had a good look around and found many different ideas,but none seem to fix the problem totally.
At a guess,i would expect a reinstallation of SP2 would cure this,but why install a 260MB pack for a file probably of 20kb.

Someone may be able to find the file,sadly i cannot find the file at the moment.

Good luck

Derek 09:44 16 Nov 2006

Thank you Skidzy, this particular item is rather important to me since I employ it after doing some in-depth work with a professional G70 Roland keyboard. Recently, and since it disappeared, I have had to just jerk out the USB terminal and of late, have been having problems in both the KB and the PC.
However, the workround is great and now well employed. Thank you again.

skidzy 09:58 16 Nov 2006

Glad to be of help Derek.

Good luck.

esbe 15:16 16 Nov 2006

Another method that may work.

With USB device connected > Dbl click My Comp > R click on USB drive > Properties > Hardware.

Select the USB from list > Properties > Policies, where there are two options for removing the device.

cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?