Lost TDK drivers

JoJoh 22:18 28 Dec 2003

I have a TDK Cyclone 32*10*40 CD-R/RW writer.I have mislayed the driver for this. I contacted TDK who promised to send them to me. This was 6 weeks ago and it still has not arrived. Any ideas where I can get hold of this? Google has proven of no use so far. Thanks

VoG II 22:23 28 Dec 2003

Try click here

However, Windows default drivers should work I would have thought.

Stuartli 10:01 29 Dec 2003

You don't need anything other than the basic Windows CDROM driver - you are probably thinking of firmware.

Try removing the drive in Device Manager and then rebooting - Windows should find new hardware and install the driver.

I have a TDK CyClone rewriter and Pioneer 116 DVD-ROM drive and both use the standard Windows driver - the rewriter is the Master and the DVD-ROM drive the Slave with respect to jumper settings.

Sheila-214876 11:14 29 Dec 2003

As VoG and Stuartli have said CD drives don't need drivers or do you mean the writing sofware like NeroBurn and InCd or Roxio Easy CD Creator?

JoJoh 14:18 29 Dec 2003

Thanks for this. As per a previous thread, I can no longer find my CD writer drive. I have checked the connections etc and can't find anything wrong.
I thought that by loading a driver I could go to windows and manually find new hardware. I thought that this may not be the case. The only option is to uninstall it and then try a re-install. It took me so long last time to do this (my first time working with jumpers) that I wanted to avoid it if possible.

Jester2K 14:19 29 Dec 2003

"Try removing the drive in Device Manager and then rebooting - Windows should find new hardware and install the driver. "

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?