Can you help me re register jscropt.dll and vbscript.dll as the microsoft site description does not seem to be there. I have checked the registry entries and they are ok. This relates to response previously 26 May 05
2. In the Open box, type regsvr32 jscript.dll and then click OK.
3. Click OK.
4. Click Start, and then click Run.
5. In the Open box, type regsvr32 vbscript.dll and then click OK.
6. Click OK.
If either of the files do not register as expected, or if you receive an error message, the system file may be missing or damaged. To extract the missing file in Microsoft Windows XP, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.
3. Click Expand File.
4. In the File to restore box, type the name of the file that you want to restore.
5. In the Restore from box, type the path of the Windows XP .cab file where you want to restore the file, or click Browse From to locate the Windows XP .cab file.
Note The Windows XP .cab files are stored in the I386 folder on the Windows XP CD.
6. In the Save file in box, type the path where you want to extract the new file, or click Browse To to locate the folder that you want.
7. Click Expand.
8. In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click OK. If you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.
I do not have a windows xp disc and have tried all the solutions but still getting a blank box in restore and the classic windows media problem. Any other source for the jscript.dll & VBscript.dll? Or another solution?
could someone please help me to restore my "system restore" tool. when i try to use it i get the following alert notice "rstrul.exe - unable to locate component. this application failed to start because Framedyn.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" my OS is Windows XP Home my pc is a dell dimension 8400. everything else works fine.