Lost settings in email client

wester john 15:18 14 Dec 2004

I use Eudora 6.2 sponsored mode. Thinking I ought to back up my settings, two days ago I downloaded a programme, aasBackup, from the Eudora site and supposedly backed up my settings etc to my CD drive.
But when I tried to open up Eudora next day none of my settings were there. It asks me to open a new account!
I looked up the Eudora.ini configuration settings. My Documents and Settings folder appears to have all the correct config details in. The application file under Programme files seems to be up to date and is 2.6MB.
I tried system restore back to the day I installed aasBackup but it wouldn't work. Any ideas how I can retrieve the situation please?

PS I also copied all mailboxes and addresses to a Back-up CD separate from the aasBackup so all the info is there as well. I've used Eudora for a number of years and never had this problem.

wester john 21:59 16 Dec 2004

I've managed to restore addresses from OE. I had transferred them before I had the problem. I also managed to restore my in box from the files on my Back up CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?