Lost program?

loaders 19:05 08 Feb 2006

When I try to go to the help info.on my Power DVD program I get the message"Windows cannot find hh.exe.this program is needed for opening files of type"Compiled HTML Help file".How do I find or get this hh.exe any ideas would be appreciated.

Skyver 19:13 08 Feb 2006

Look for a copy in Windows\system32\dllcache, copy it to Windows\

loaders 20:49 09 Feb 2006

Skyver.
Thanks for your prompt reply,went to windows/system32 it opened to two files Adobe and Drivers,opened adobe and I get SVG viewer which gives me a load of svg applications and opened Drivers and got another load of applications,not quite sure what I am looking for but could not see anything resembling hh.exe am I looking for something else or is it somewhere else.Any more help would be appreciated.

Totally-braindead 20:52 09 Feb 2006

You could try deleting and reinstalling your Power DVD software and see if that solves it. Or try system restore if its XP you have.

loaders 20:14 10 Feb 2006

Totally-braindead.
Thanks for the suggestion but the Power DVD came bundled with my PC when I bought it,if I uninstalled it I have nothing to reinstall with,I have ME not XP.any other sugestions.

VoG II 20:21 10 Feb 2006
  loaders 15:18 11 Feb 2006

VoGtm
Its only the Power DVD Help File that I cannot get I have no problem with the Windows ME Help files ,your link seems to indicate recovering the Windows ME help files or am I reading it wrong.

Skyver 15:32 11 Feb 2006

Sorry, I was assuming you were using XP. HH.exe is needed for viewing certain help files, PowerDVD is obviously looking for it even if you don't access the help within the program. Get your original Windows ME
cd, locate the file WIN_16.CAB, open it with WinZip or Winrar or similar (click here) and extract hh.exe to your Windows folder.

loaders 14:19 12 Feb 2006

Skyver,
Thanks again for your interest and suggestion but I hav'nt got an original ME cd,it came already loaded when I bought the unit.

Skyver 14:36 12 Feb 2006

Use this to replace hh.exe ;
click here

Skyver 14:46 12 Feb 2006

Just to clarify; install the program, then find KeyHH.exe in your Windows folder, rename or copy it to HH.exe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?