Lost pipex adsl setup disc

Bruz 14:15 27 Jun 2008

After trying to repair XP PRO we lost the broadband Internet connection completely, to get it back we need the setup disc but my friend has lost her disc. I tried the manual setup but XP Pro will not allow me select the broadband needing a password radio button, the button is greyed out, the only option is for a broadband that remains on 24/7.
Any one got any ideas?
Bruz

xania 14:19 27 Jun 2008

I'm sure Pipex wil be happy to provide a replacement or yo may even be able to download it after login on here click here.

Ditch999 14:20 27 Jun 2008

Is this for a USB modem or a router? If its a modem then what make/model is it?

Bruz 16:41 27 Jun 2008

Thanks for both of your inputs.
xania
there does not appear to be any down-loadable software on that site, we did ask for a replacement but we could not understand a word of what the man was saying. However we did get the money bit. Apprently they buy them in from some firm outside the UK.

Ditch999
I cannot tell you other than it is a little black ADSL modem. I will not be there until tomorrow.
Thanks again
Cheers Bruz

Ditch999 16:49 27 Jun 2008

Have you installed the drivers for the modem and does it show up in Device Manager ok?

Bruz 17:00 27 Jun 2008

Ditch999 both the modem's green lights are on and all is well in that department, i just need to reset the login and this needs the software to override XP Pro and release the radio button for the BB that you login to.
Cheers Bruz

Halmer 20:09 27 Jun 2008

I have the disc (if that's what you mean)

Halmer 20:11 27 Jun 2008

speedtouch 330 modem driver

Halmer 20:12 27 Jun 2008
  Bruz 21:15 27 Jun 2008

Halmer
Thanks for the offer of the disc it is much appreciated, we have one more shot at it tomorrow and if that fails I will be in touch with you.
Until I see the modem tomorrow I could not tell you what type it is. The modem is functioning fine.
Thanks for your help
Cheers Bruz

Halmer 21:42 27 Jun 2008

and the only disk that came with it was the Thomson Speedtouch Modem one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?