Lost Partition

Tomtc 09:42 18 Feb 2007

Help! I have two hard drives (both 160g one for system etc. and the other for files/ docs etc) I created a partition (on the latter) to experiment with Ubuntu and it seemed to go well until I went back into Windows and found that I no longer could see/ get access to my 'files/ docs' drive. I decided to install Partition Magic to see if that would reveal the problem but now I have an '1607 unable to install intallshield Scripting Runtime' error and cannot locate the 'Installer' file within Windows to try to see if it can be fixed from there (following the microsoft help suggestions). To compound this I have one of those PC's without a floppy otherwise I could use a PM floppy for access to the Partitions. I need to get my partition back - unharmed! I don't mind if I have to reinstall windows though. Any help appreciated

SANTOS7 10:31 18 Feb 2007

click here

try this first..

Tomtc 11:24 18 Feb 2007

Thanks SANTOS7, I'm at work at present so will try that when I get home. If I understand this correctly, if this works I should then be able to install PM. I tried Windows Restore and although it did restore it made no difference to this problem. Have you any idea how this could have happened - I didn't touch my systems partition?

Ta

SANTOS7 11:53 18 Feb 2007

Not sure, try the options in the link, see what happens and we can go from there..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?