lost my start bar

stephen-218041 22:58 05 Nov 2003

i installed spybot and performed a delete operation and now i have lost my task and start up bar. i cant get my computer to perform any function andf i think i have lost all my registry keys. how can i get to restore back to a good system? the system restore is not responding and nothing else is responding. when i log off it will say saving your settings and when i leave the computer on all night it still says the same 8 hours later and wont turn off unless i turn off by the plug?
can any one help?

VoG II 23:04 05 Nov 2003

Go into BIOS (like when you are starting your computer and it says "press DEL to enter setup") by pressing DEL. Navigate the menus using the arrow keys. Change the boot sequence so the first device is CDROM.

Exit BIOS, insert Windows CD and follow the instructions to reload Windows ober itself.

Jester2K II 23:46 05 Nov 2003

Open Spybot, Go to "Recovery", Check all the options and hit "Recover All Selected Items" at the bottom. This will undo whatever you did...

stephen-218041 21:37 06 Nov 2003

thanks for your suggestions. i have managed to get my computer working again. a friend sent me a file called first aid registry and it worked great. thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?