Lost my Recovery cd Packard Bell

adz4321 22:50 18 Sep 2007

PLEASE HELP, any info on where i can downlod a recovrey cd so i can burn, and us it on my one legged pc would be amazingly helpfull! its a packard bell pentium 4, 2.6ghz, xp home 2002, (not shure how to find out what seris it is?) i have googled it but end up going round in circles!

rdave13 00:04 19 Sep 2007

Try this support site, click here

robgf 01:14 19 Sep 2007

Hi,
I don't think that you can download a recovery CD/DVD, you are supposed to create one when you get your computer.
If your computer is working, launch Smart Restore from the Start menu and you will see the option to use Master CD/DVD creator.
Note that you can only create your recovery CD/DVD once, so if you do make one, do a couple of copies with your burning software, in case you mislay one.

If your computer wont start, it should still have the recovery data on it (unless you have wiped it!).
Press the F11 key (may be a different key on some models, look at the menus as the computer starts) on startup to start the recovery program, or if the computer still works, use Smart Restore from the menu.

Make sure that you backup any data you want to keep, emails, favorites etc, before doing a restore.

Your computers identification number etc, is on a sticker on the back of the tower.

adz4321 08:23 19 Sep 2007

Thanks rddave13 and robgf for the help i will try both tonight

erkmatrix 09:09 19 Sep 2007

I too have xp home, where is smart restore please from the start menu, I can't seem to see it. I've done a search in help and support and it doesn't find it either.

cheers

robgf 10:36 19 Sep 2007

You will only have Smart Restore, if you have a computer made by Packard Bell. It doesn't come as standard with XP (which is a shame).

adz4321 07:45 20 Sep 2007

Smart restore worked thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone