lost my documents folder

harps1h 07:28 29 Jun 2008

my daughters have accidentally deleted the my documents folder and it is not in the recycle bin. is there any way apart from system restore to reinstate it

harps

gengiscant 07:34 29 Jun 2008
  bjantbear 07:49 29 Jun 2008

I have just had to re-install windows and now the writing that is displayed in windows is a light colour, similar to arial light.

I used to have a darker colour that could be seen with no problem but now it strains the eyes to look at it.

Does anyone know why the style has chaged and what i can do about it to get a font back that I can read without straining my eyes?

Regards

bjantbear 07:50 29 Jun 2008

Sorry this was sent to the wrong thread

brundle 10:25 29 Jun 2008

It's not easy to delete that folder, it being a system folder.

Go to start menu/run, type

%userprofile%

press return

Do you see the My Documents folder?

Simsy 12:08 29 Jun 2008

deleted it, or is it just not visible on the desktop?

It is possible to chose not have it displayed on the desktop...(I'm assuming XP ?)

Right click on the desktop and choose "Properties", then the "Desktop" tab, and then "Customise Desktop". You use a tick to indicate whether or not you wnat the " My Documents" folder displayed on the desktop.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Simsy

Switcher 17:48 29 Jun 2008

This might seem a bit basic but have you tried using SEARCH for any file known to be in my documents

harps1h 23:20 13 Jul 2008

sorry guys in france for 2 weeks and i have tried brundles suggestion and it is there again so thank you all very much for your time

harps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?