Lost MS Office 2007 programs and Windows defender

BigHenry 09:54 29 Jan 2008

I have lost Microsoft Office 2007 apart from Word and also things like Windows Defender from my PC. I have looked in program files, done a search and they are not there. I thought that regularly doing a backup it would save these but all I have on backup is all the files. I had not set up a restore point - so I have learnt my lesson. My PC was new in Oct 2007 and has Vista Home Premium. I have the disc for Vista but not the disc for Microsoft 2007 but I can get one from Microsoft. Can you help me please I would ne most grateful

xania 10:02 29 Jan 2008

If you don't have the disc, do you actually have a licence to use this software? If so, you should be able to download and install using the licence or contact MS for help - if not, you will have to buy one.

Windows defender download from click here.

For the future, if you want to backup these programs, you will need to backup the entire drive - you cannot simply run from the program files without the registry entries.

NB I would not rely on those restore points either. In my experience 90% of the time, when you need them, they don't work.

rawprawn 10:03 29 Jan 2008

Vista should automatically make a restore point every day, have a look and make certain. It should have done this unless you turned system restore off.If you only have Vista backup for files and no restore point then I am afraid that you have lost the program.
For future get a backup program such as Acronis True Image click here
One other thought there may be a recovery partition on your computer and a probram that allows you to recover each program that was pre loaded by the manufacturer.Hvae a look, what make of PC is it?

birdface 10:42 29 Jan 2008

Office 2007.If you still have a Keycode for it.Can't you just reinstall it.Or did it come pre installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone