lost mail

chrissy1 03:30 08 Nov 2006
Answered

msn/live messenger disappeared along with limewire..where have they gone,any way of retreiving them or do i have to start again?

birdface 09:51 08 Nov 2006

Have you tried Add Remove , Just to make sure that they are still on there,I would then try my documents, See if they are in there,If so open and run from there, Or go to ,Start, Search, If you find them in there, Then you can run them,I know you have Limewire, Its your choice,But I would seriously think of getting rid of it ,And trying something else,

birdface 09:56 08 Nov 2006

Should have added, That if you cant find them, Run C Cleaner and re-download them,I am a bit behind the times I think,Do they still have MSN Messenger, Or is it just Windows messenger.If you download it again it should save all your e-mail address's As long as you remember your password.

chrissy1 13:23 08 Nov 2006

thanks buteman will try and get back to you..but what is a c cleaner...i,m a bit fick you see.

VoG II 13:27 08 Nov 2006
  chrissy1 00:10 09 Nov 2006

thanks buteman..got my hotmail back all intact...msn/windows live talk accross both now..looks like i,ll have to uninstall limewire and install again....used limewire for 3 months,no probs..whats wrong with it and what would you suggest instead?

chrissy1 01:02 09 Nov 2006
Answer

managed to get limewire back on..found it in search all files option then sent it to desktop...

birdface 09:57 09 Nov 2006

Dont really know what to replace Limewire with, But Limewire is a bit of a minefield,If you are going to pick up any Virus's Trojans Ect, You are in the right place.Full of corrupt downloads,If you go into there forum ,You usually get a bit of warning about what files not to open,Its been a couple of years since I used it, Maybe things have improved a bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone