Lost iTunes programme - help required

HarryFlashman 21:33 27 Apr 2008

Hello

I would be grateful for the views of someone more expert than me at such things. What has happened is as follows....

I turned on my PC today and my desktop shortcut to open iTunes had disappeared. To my horror and inexplicably, I searched further and noted that the whole programme/application had gone. I cannot understand why as I did not delete this or remove the programme. This means I have about 2000 songs on my iPod and numerous films, TV programmes and Podcast that I am worried I will lose.

Has anyone got any ideas how this could have happened - i.e. just disappeared? Or how I can diagnose how this happened? And any ideas for getting iTunes and my library back? I tried a Windowns system restore, but to no avail.

I am aware that there are ways that one can download a fresh iTunes programme and upload the songs from the iPod back to iTunes via a backroute. However, I do not really want to do this as surely there must be an easier way of getting my iTunes programme and library back?!?!

Thanks in advance for any help!

bionicle 21:54 28 Apr 2008

You could try clicking on your C drive and checking in Program files to see if i-tunes is still there and if it is open it from there and put a new shortcut on your desktop. You might also want to try using windows media player if it is on your system to do a scan for your missing media. You could also scan to see if the media is still on your hard disc by using windows 'search' facility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?