Lost images using netobjects fusion 9

User-271645 11:04 09 Apr 2007

Hi,
I used the above to make my website about a year ago and hve successfully updated the site several times.
It is a modest site full of images of paintings click here however when I clicked on my software to make another change all my images had dissapeared completely,my actual site is fine.
I do have all my site backed up to an external hard drive and considered uninstalling netobjects,reinstalling it clean from the disc and trying to save my site design from my backup.....is this the way forward?
Thanks in advance and bear in mind that I am a novice at this!!!!
Andrew

Polygonal lass 11:21 09 Apr 2007

Hi,

This will happen if you move (or rename) the folder to which you have saved your website images to.

For example, if you save your website images to a folder named "Folder One", in (for example) My Documents - and you then rename - or move that folder to another location; Netfusions will not be able to locate the images, and will therefore display white rectangles, instead of images. If you think this could be the cause, then renaming the file to it's original name, or moving it back to it's original location, should return your images.

I have version 8.

Good Luck!

User-271645 12:52 09 Apr 2007

Dear polygonal lass,

Thanks for your reply,so in future,if there is one,I should keep all the folders I use, unchanged to prevent it happening again.
Good idea.
I am not sure that this happened in this case as about 70 images all vanished,I will investigate though.

Thanks
Rembrandt

Polygonal lass 13:08 09 Apr 2007

Hi Rambrandt,

Yes, keep all of your website images (assets), in the same location - for example, My Documents or My Pictures. And never change the file or folders' names.

Additionally, it is good practise to save your website as a zipped template, on a regular basis. Then, should your PC crash, you can rebuild your site from the template, in minutes.

Polygonal Lass.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?