lost images

mark2 22:02 26 May 2007

I've created a site for work, it has been running fine for a few days, however after a little editing today I appear to have lost all images from the site.

The site was cretaed and published using Nvu, the images all appear to be on the server when checking using Filezilla.

I've tried using 2 different PCs and Opera and IE7, however the images still don't appear.

The web page is click here

mark2 23:22 26 May 2007

Resolved, appears the uploads were corrupted somehow perhaps ?

However a further question, how can I create a border around the page to bring things more central ?

mark2 23:35 26 May 2007

gone again!!!

Forum Editor 08:54 27 May 2007

that you do two things:-

1. Create a folder on the server called: images and put all your images into it. Then revise your page code so that the paths to the individual images point to the new folder.

2. Go through all your filenames and remove all upper -case characters. All website files should have all lower-case names.

mark2 10:36 27 May 2007

done the above, but no luck I'm afraid.

If I open the page, then put the address of the images and go direct to the image, then use the back button the image appears on the page, however if I refresh the page I lose all the images once more

mco 10:38 27 May 2007

Is this any use? I haven't yet used nvu though I have downloaded it to have a go with for a course later in the year.

click here

I think if it were me, I would set the page to, say , grey, and then add a table/layer on top of a different colour - the colour you want your actual page to be - and then centre that layer. Then you should get something in similar to the PC advisor site here, page in the middle and border either side.

mco 10:45 27 May 2007

just try this: I'm no expert, far from it, but why not try entering the full url for your images ie, http: // click here .co. uk/ images/ motlogo. gif

and seeing if they come up then? Because they have uploaded properly; you can see them if you go directly to them.

mark2 11:16 27 May 2007

I have tried that option too, but still no luck.

mark2 11:32 27 May 2007

solved, I'd uploaded a slightly misconfigured htaccess file, now corrected, things appear to be normal now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?