Lost heading to my folders

User-178362 20:41 17 Jan 2006

All of the heading belonging to my picture folders. i.e ships, family have disappeared. If I close down and come out of the system, I will not lose my folders containing my pictures will I?

User-178362 21:17 17 Jan 2006

I haven't lost the folders just he headings have disappeared.

VoG II 22:08 17 Jan 2006

What do you mean by 'headings'?

User-178362 23:00 17 Jan 2006

I call my folders a name say ships because it contains ships or Hollie because there are pictures of only Hollie in the folder. These are all folder that are in "My Pictures" You know where all your pictures are stored.

User-178362 23:02 17 Jan 2006

Then instead of putting individual pictures on a disc I put folders of pictures.

User-178362 23:11 17 Jan 2006

When Ihover over a folder it does tell me the heading but before it was down in writing.

Thalmus 23:54 17 Jan 2006

Have you tired refreshing the screen?

Click view > refresh, or just press F5

Kev.Ifty 23:57 17 Jan 2006

If you goto START/DOCUMENTS and open My Pictures.

Sorry, I assume that is where you keep the photos?

Anyway. When that is open you can see your folders. yes?

Try clicking on VIEW on the tool bar. Select an alternative , like TILES or THUMBNAILS. Does that help?

When you 'Hover' Can you Right click and select RENAME? If you can try adding a name for that folder there.

If none of this helps... Could you capture a picture of your 'Pictures' screen and post it?

Bestwishes Kev.

User-178362 01:25 18 Jan 2006

Thalmus I have just tried both of your ways but it didn't work, but thank you. I didn't know about this.

Kev, Yes I can see my folders. Yes when I click on tiles I can see the names of my folders, but not under thumbnails. When I change the name under thumbnails it still isn't on show, until I hover over the folder, then I can see the name. I am now putting most of my pic on disc, and deleting the folders. Trying to tidy up. But I would still like to know how to short this problem out. I do not know how to capture a picture of my Pictures' screen.

bobbybowls 02:06 18 Jan 2006

to capture a screen shot press print screen then open paint (start -> all programs -> acessories -> paint) select paste. then save the file. next go to this site click here and upload the file then copy and paste the link to this site

User-178362 14:55 18 Jan 2006

Still do not know how. Could you please tell me, where do I press print screen?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?