Lost Folder?

frenchman96 10:07 17 Dec 2009

Hi Guys

I have recently lost a folder from with My Docs and I have looked at the obvious
Recycle Bin/start/Search to no avail.

I read somewhere that you can't do a search for a folder, only files, but it does say files and folders in the Search option.

I do have a backup but its not been updated recently so it is important I try to find it. I have also done a system restore and still no luck.

bremner 10:25 17 Dec 2009

System Redtore does not restore user generated files and folder only system settings.

The search option will search for folders.

Have you tried searching for a file that was in the folder?

You may need to try a file recovery program such as click here

Taff™ 10:25 17 Dec 2009

It will find folders. If you can remember a file name from within the folder try that as well. Perhaps use a wildcard * if you can only remember part of it. (e.g. frenc*.* will find any file such as frenchman.doc or frenchman.xls)

frenchman96 10:38 17 Dec 2009

Hi Guys

Hear what you say, it does say files & folders.

When you say think of a file from within the folder, won't that only find that 1 file?

bremner 10:42 17 Dec 2009

Yes - but it will give the path which will include the location of the folder.

If you get no hit then it is a strong indication that you have deleted the entire folder.

frenchman96 10:51 17 Dec 2009

Point taken, sounds logical, will try that next.

I installed recuva and it gave option where was the folder last and I ticked My Docs but I notice it does not ask for name of folder like SEARCH.

It also says 2 hours and Recuva box can't be moved so i will leave it till end of day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?