Lost 'Fine Print - Replacement?

Diemmess 10:26 05 Mar 2014

Have used Fine Print occasionally over several years and somehow lost its functionality. I cleared the remains and then failed to find what I thought was a free download to reinstall it. Found in PCA archives

Is this a freebie, limited time trial, or nearly £50 ?

wiz-king 12:20 05 Mar 2014

As in the write up - trial.

Diemmess 14:06 05 Mar 2014

Anybody?

lotvic 14:24 05 Mar 2014

wiz-king has said it is a Trial (as in the write-up) this usually means it is time limited then needs to be paid for.

or do you mean does anyone know of a free replacement?

sometimes your printer software will do similar, what printer do you have?

Diemmess 15:34 05 Mar 2014

Thanks wiz-king, and lotvic. Sorry to overlook wiz-king's comment until I had posted asking for anyone's help.

I had found the clean site the Softonic was stuffed with malware. I have little sympathy with those who want good safe software without paying. Epson SX430 with no pretensions about compiling. Most of my printing is mono-laser For the little use I make of FP, it will not be replaced. Photobox would print a couple of year's prints without equalling the cost of FP !

Unless that is....... there is a good and cheap alternative?

Woolwell 15:43 05 Mar 2014

Not sure what you mean by compiling.

Diemmess 17:12 05 Mar 2014

Woolwell:

Call it what you will, compiling won't do.

I mean let the software accept and place individual files in the best and most economical place on the paper sheet. The operator chooses the number of files per page

I can use say Photopaint to shuffle the files around and print as one sheet of A4. It works but it is slow and finicky.

Woolwell 18:34 05 Mar 2014

Sorry but are you talking about photos or documents? W7 photo print will print multiple photos on one page. But a free DTP will do a lot, if not all, of what you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?