Lost files on CD-R

daisy2bell 12:25 08 Jun 2004

I tried to reload my files etc from a CD-R onto my computer.
Something has gone wrong and the CD-R is listed as being "empty" I have important files which I must recover, but how?
Other CD-RW's open with no problem and files are there, but not this particular disk.
win98SE Adaptec Direct CD
Samsung 700MB/80 min 16x CD-R

AndySD 12:44 08 Jun 2004

You will need something like BadCopyPro click here there may be free versions of similar data recovery programs on the net.

AndySD 12:48 08 Jun 2004

click here may be worth a try.

Pearly Gates |X|X| 16:04 08 Jun 2004

Hello - similar to a problem somebody had a few days ago. He was recommended to use Isobuster. He said it worked. click here

AndySD 15:21 07 Jul 2004

Ok the problem is the more you use the drive the less chance you have of getting everything back. If you can move the drive to a second pc as the slave drive and run the data recovery progran fron the other pcs drive then this is the best option. If not then use a data recovery program on your pc but you may lose some of what you are trying to save. The program you were looking at costs £31 ... there is a free one click here but my personal favorite is a bit more expensive click here

AndySD 15:22 07 Jul 2004

oops just posted this in the wrong thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?