Lost file fragments

colberly 13:10 18 Jan 2003
  colberly 13:10 18 Jan 2003

This may seem a silly question, but I just wondered if anyone has an explanation as to what happened please. Earlier whilst on line my PC rebooted itself and as it restarted Scandisc did the usual check for errors. The report was on completion:- Drive C contained the following errors 40960 bytes of data in lost file fragments.
Resolution:- Discard lost file fragments, Error corrected. Thanks.

Gongoozler 13:29 18 Jan 2003

colberly, lost file fragments are usually the result of the computer crashing or being switched off incorrectly while you are working on a document or something else that you would normally save when you are finished. The fragments are rarely worth saving, and if Windows has corrected the errors then you probably have nothing to worry about.

colberly 14:32 18 Jan 2003

Thankyou for your explanation. Since my PC has never rebooted spontaneously before I just wondered. BTW with your unusual user name do you by any chance have an interest in canals?

Gongoozler 18:21 18 Jan 2003

colberly, I plead guilty to being a complete canalcoholic. I own a quarter share in a boat. E-mail me if you want to discuss boats and all things canals.

colberly 18:49 18 Jan 2003

Have e-mailed you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?