Lost explorer and help contents

Minxster 19:19 03 Feb 2007

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help me please. I am using Windows XP Professional x64 Edition which was installed by the manufacturer of this system organised as a surprise for me and I must confess its been a reall nightmare! First of all a lot of programmes are not compatible, I cannot download from Microsofts own website as its validation system does not recognise 64 bit and the niggles go on.
I would like to use my 32 bit internet explorer but it will not load to the website its just stops without doing anthing and the same for 64 bit version and now the help/support section is doing the same and wants to keep sending a report back to Microsoft.
Any ideas as to how I can get the two things working again??
Please help, its driving me nuts.

howard64 19:55 03 Feb 2007

what os disk do you have oem or full xp64? - if genuine it will certainly be validated by ms. I would suggest if you have a full copy to format the hard drive and reinstall. Some versions of the xp cd 64bit also have the 32bit version on it so if you had it you could just select that.

Minxster 18:55 04 Feb 2007

I have a genuine product which states it is OEM software. I was hoping not reinstall but it was the conclusion I came to as well. Thanks for your response.

Miros 19:08 04 Feb 2007

OME could be a problem read this click here

Minxster 15:55 05 Feb 2007

The system was purchased through a computer supplier so its not counterfeit or anything but it was interesting to read thanks for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?