lost email.

tonyx1302 15:17 05 Jul 2004

Hopefully some one can help me with locating a very long worded email I had just finished typing when I left the pc to make a cuppa and must have hit a delete key or something on my return for I have lost the email altogether. I am on XP with B/B and using Hotmail. I have done a search using the title of the letter etc but no luck. unfortunatly I didnt send it to save draft or anything

Help please.

Tony

johnnyrocker 15:20 05 Jul 2004

if you hit delete it would be in your trash bin.

johnny.

tonyx1302 16:29 05 Jul 2004

Thanks johnnyrocker. I've looked there.Empty. Thought it may have been hidden somewhere so I could regurgitate it! Any other ideas would be gratefully received

Shas 16:48 05 Jul 2004

Don't use Hotmail so I'm sorry I can't offer any constructive help, but if you were in the process of actually writing an email, would you be able to delete or close it without being prompted do you want to save it? I'm only going by what happens with AOL - if you try to close the 'write email' box before either sending or saving it, AOL tells you that the box has changed and do you want to save before closing.

tonyx1302 18:15 05 Jul 2004

Hi Shas. Times like this I wish I was on AOL. Nothing left to do but start over again and save to draft as I go along. Unfortunatly Hotmail doesn't have AOL facilities for saving.
Thanks

Tony

Shas 18:25 05 Jul 2004

We live and learn don't we. Just hope you were copying from a handwritten draft and that you don't have to do it all again from memory!

Shas.

tonyx1302 19:11 05 Jul 2004

All from memory Shas. Thats the annoying part!
I'm still hanging on though incase someone else comes back with any other ideas

Shas 08:52 06 Jul 2004

Hi Breitling. Still can't help, but bumping you up - there must be some Hotmail users online today who have had the same happen to them. Surely unless you lost your connection your mail must be somewhere! (Is there nothing in Hotmail's online help?)

tonyx1302 10:38 06 Jul 2004

Hi Shas. No nothing in H'mail help to solve the problem so I burnt the midnight oil and re wrote the thing as near as poss to what I could remember. Trouble is, when that sort of thing happens the second effort never seems as good as the original. Still it was a tough way to learn

Have a good day and thanks.

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?