Lost Drive Letter

Pererin 12:44 05 Nov 2006

Can you please help me guys, I had two other drive letters on my computer F and G I think. Anyway it seems they have disappeared. one of them was for a camera-card, just insert and download pictures. I have noticed in the past that when I use the 'Safely remove Hardware' when using a usb flash drive or stick that the two letters associated with the two drives I have lost have also come up on the screen. Obviously I have never used this option as I do not want to remove them, they are part of the computer.The two slots are just above the floppy drive (A). Any ideas guys , please help. Many thanks, Pererin

Strawballs 12:48 05 Nov 2006

Go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager and check to see if it has been deactivated.

Pererin 16:13 05 Nov 2006

Thanks Strawballs for getting back so quickly, need a bit more info now. Looked in place you suggested but cannot find anything ( not really sure what to look for)but have exactly the same computer as son and he has these two drive in his and I don't. - VIA-PVT6205-DevB USB Device and - VIA-PVT6205-DevM USB Device. these come under Disk Drive in device manager. Further down there is a storage device with two generic -which relate to the above drives mentioned. (When I click on them they bring up the box and inside there is the same number as VIA..... hope you can help , many thanks guys pererin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?