Lost Dell 946 printer software.

Papa goose 11:56 17 Jan 2010

Hi all,

I have the above AOI printer, and the software is all installed on my desktop. I have a laptop that I wish to install the printer on, but have managed to loos the install disc's. I have downloaded the driver so can print from it on the lap top, but cannot scan/fax as I need the software. Can anyone advise if it's possible to download this software as the Dell site seems to offer nothing.

Many thanks

PG

Zak 12:51 17 Jan 2010

Have you contacted Dell?

What software came with the printer and you currently have installed on your desktop?

Papa goose 13:02 17 Jan 2010

Dell website only offered the driver which I have downloaded as I said, as it's out of warranty support atren't interested....

The instal software included all the manuals (which aren't importanet as I can get the from the desktop), the utilities, and AOI centre which gives access to the Scan/copy/fax and editing functions.

Sea Urchin 18:17 17 Jan 2010

Download from here

click here

Papa goose 20:34 17 Jan 2010

Sea urchin, Thanks for the link but all it did was install and empty folder for a driver I already downloaded. didn't do anything but instal a driver I already have. Printing is not an issue, but the Dell ALL In-One Center software for the 946.

Sea Urchin 21:00 17 Jan 2010

This download should include all the required software - but you will need to uninstall the software you have on the laptop first. Then install this with the printer disconnected from the printer.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017