Lost connectivity

7fleet 11:03 09 Mar 2006

I have just installed a home network based on a Voyager 2091 router and an Asus WiFi-g Wireless LAN adapter.
The system works fine after I start the computer, but, I lose the connection for no obvious reason. It seem to happen only when I'm not doing anything on the net. The Voyager logo, in the system tray, however, always indictes "connected, signal strength excellent.
The only way I have found to re-establish a connection is to restart the computer.
Can anybody tell me what's wrong? or how I can get my connection back without a restart?

dms05 12:45 09 Mar 2006

If you open 'Network Connections' and highlight the one you are using you can try 'disable' followed by 'enable' to see if you can re-establish the connection. Is your connection encrypted? Are their any other wireless networks close by that could be interfering? Try changing your WiFi channel number to see if that helps. But do make sure you are encrypted.

7fleet 22:03 09 Mar 2006

Many thanks for the advice. Yes I am encrypted, over the next couple of days I'll try out, one at a time, what you suggest.
Will let you know how I get on.

keewaa 11:02 10 Mar 2006

See if enabling SSID broadcast in the 2091 makes any difference, in case another network is interfering with WZC.

7fleet 11:17 10 Mar 2006

keewaa, thanks for that, but, to be honest, I havn't a clue how to do make that change. Will be grateful if you can give me a hint.
Sorry to appear thick, but, it's all a bit of a black art to me!

keewaa 22:31 10 Mar 2006

I don't know that model, but you need to log into the router and look around in the settings, or look in the manual and see if it says. It should be in the wireless area somewhere.

7fleet 21:04 12 Mar 2006

Thank you all for your help, I can now reconnect without the need to reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?