Lost connection on home network

alio2 21:06 03 Feb 2007

We have a Netgear Router MR814 v2 which has been working fine with our 3 home pc's for over a year now. We have just lost the wireless connection with the third pc which has a Belkin802.11g 54Mbps usb. Its just not picking up the Netgear at all. I have checked all cables etc., unplugged everything and rebooted the Netgear router to no avail.

It shows that the Belkin is connected and good signal strength, but still can't connect to internet. I went into the troubleshooter for networking and it told me to configure the TCP settings which I did under "run" then command.
It then says no operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while its had its media state disconnected.

Now it shows connection is set to 6?? instead of what it was before which I can't remember!(sorry am confused as to what this means).

I have gone into the Netgear Smart Wizard and in "attached devices" under Router Status it now doesn't show the third pc at all, only the other two. This is weird!

If anyone can help I would really appreciate any advice, thankyou.

STREETWORK 22:07 03 Feb 2007

Hi, looks like a driver problem...

Open control panel, network connections on the 3rd PC.

1. Delete the connections shown.
2. Remove the driver for the Belkin from the 3rd PC.
3. Reboot eh PC, windows will reload the driver.

4. Set up the Belkin adapter again and the network connection.

Ashrich 23:32 03 Feb 2007

Don't worry about it saying " 6 " every time you make amendments to the wireless network it will se it as a new one , after trying different drivers for my mini pci wireless card my laptop now says " wireless network 12 " ....

Ashley

alio2 18:54 04 Feb 2007

Thanks for your reply but its not a driver problem. I did what you suggested but it didnt tackle the problem. It turns out, after doing a system restore back to some 3 weeks, that it was a software conflict. problem resolved now, thanks again for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires