Lost Bookmark Folders in Interrnet explorer 7

nivekh 19:41 08 Jan 2007

Just updated to IE 7, trying to find my way around and I seem to have lost Bookmark folders.
The Bookmarks/favourites that weren't in folders are there, but not the nicely organised folders that I had, you know the kind of thing, Mountain Biking, Computer Stuff, Holidays etc.
Will I have to go looking for them in my profile and then reorganise them or is there a better way?
Perhaps I should just go back to IE 6, i knew what I was doing with that!

Taff™ 14:28 09 Jan 2007

They should be in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Favorites - check and see if they are there. If so you can organise them from there.

L_Driver 19:13 09 Jan 2007

Right click on a free area on one of the top line menus. Click on Menu Bar to display it. Favorites can then be accessed similar to IE6.

L_Driver 13:20 11 Jan 2007

Have you tried it yet ? ( as per 9/1 )

nivekh 10:55 13 Jan 2007

In response to L-driver, I CAN access my favourites, but what I've lost are the folders that I created in IE 6 and the favourites that were in them.
Taff- I found them in explorer where you said they would be including the ones that I had in folders in IE 6, but how do I get them into IE 7?

L_Driver 14:03 13 Jan 2007

I recently updated to IE7 ( XP Home is my OS ) My favorites are in Docs and settings\User\Favorites IF you are also XP I would expect the same organisation. Have a look.

nivekh 15:32 13 Jan 2007

I think I know what the problem is now, I set up favourites in Yahoo Browser and IE does not recognize the folders, I've got most of my favourites except those that I put into organised folders. So much for being organised!
I'll carry on with Yahoo Browser instead.
Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?