lost 50 gb after deleting a partition

brett1500 11:10 28 Feb 2007

i recently installed another partition using norton partition magic 8 giving it 50gb space. ive since deleted it using the option through windows control panel but ive lost the 50gb and havent got a clue how to get it back. my hard drive normally says 186gb but now its 137
please help thank you

Eric10 12:30 28 Feb 2007

I don't use partition magic so can't be specific but I would think that you need to use it again to expand your C: partition to include the unallocated space left from deleting the 50GB partition. Windows XP can't do this unaided.

Ho-Lin-Sok 12:52 28 Feb 2007

Can you do anything in disk management, never had this problem but may be worth a look.

BJN 17:34 28 Feb 2007

Open partition magic and view the HD you may find that when you deleted the partition you did not reallocate the free space to another partition. If that's the case you should see a blank area in the HD graphic display, kick on it and use the wizard to allocate the free space to an adjacent partition ie enlarge a partition to include the free space, or click on a partition to expand that to include the free space.

Hope this helps

Bj

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?