Loss of my Outlook e-mail account

Rotenone 07:48 04 Mar 2007

Yesterday(March 3rd.) I inadvertently removed (via Add/Remove) Microsoft Office 2003 and hence lost my Outlook e-mail account. System Restore didn't work(I tried several-one on March 2nd. and several in February) so I created a new restore point thus losing all previous restore points(I didn't know this would happen).Can anyone help me to get back Office 2003 and hopefully my Outlook e-mail account.Also how do I configure Outlook as my e-mail account if I cannot restore it?

rawprawn 08:05 04 Mar 2007

You do not lose previous restore points by creating a new one. Put your Office 2003 in and reinstall Outlook.

Rotenone 09:27 04 Mar 2007

I have installed Office XP Pro and I get a message'Unable to open your e-mail default folders' Should I re-install office 2003 instead?

rawprawn 10:04 04 Mar 2007

Do you mean that you have just installed Outlook from Office pro into your old Office 2003. If so I suggest you use Outlook from 2003

Rotenone 12:04 04 Mar 2007

I removed Office 2003 from my computer completely(the desktop shortcuts even disappeared) and installed Office XP PRO.It it the Outlook in this program which gives me the message 'Unable to open your e-mail default folders'

Taff™ 12:51 04 Mar 2007

There is a backward incomatibility going from 2003 back to XP Office. I also had a problem doing this. If I remember rightly all the folders are there but you need to copy the contents manually to the default folders and then delete the unused ones. Either that or import the folders from the 2003 Outlook.pst

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?