loss of laptop keypad and touchpad

lamond 19:36 22 Oct 2008

As my laptop is mostly used as a desktop replacement, I installed a Belkin wireless keyboard & mouse (Wireless Desktop 280 Bundle). Now I cannot take the laptop away from the Belkin bundle because the integral keyboard and touchpad on my MSI ER710 just don't function.
Belkin have been b****y useless, no responses at all. MSI say it is a Belkin issue.
Any suggestions out there?

Technotiger 19:44 22 Oct 2008

I am not too familiar with laptops, but in the BIOS is there not the option to enable/disable the keyboard & touchpad?

Technotiger 19:44 22 Oct 2008

You might have to un-install the Belkin bundle first perhaps.

lamond 19:51 22 Oct 2008

Have already uninstalled it twice, to no effect.

Technotiger 19:52 22 Oct 2008

Have you looked in the BIOS ?

lamond 19:57 22 Oct 2008

Will try it, thanks.

lamond 20:10 22 Oct 2008

Doesn't work, I am running Vista (unfortunately) and the BIOS options don't allow that.

Technotiger 20:14 22 Oct 2008

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean - can you actually get into the BIOS menu - on a desktop it is by pressing Del during start-up.

lamond 20:35 22 Oct 2008

Yes that's right, but in a desktop and under XP and its predecesors, you have access to control peripherals like mouse & keyboard, but, for some reason, there is no option for this in Vista. When I go in via Control panel, it tells me I have hardware shown as WHEEL MOUSE PS2 MOUSE, which is the Belkin wireless mouse and HID-compliant mouse, which I am assuming is the touchpad and both are enabled and finctioning properly.
The keyboard hardware is shown as Standard PS2 Keyboard which I again assume is the Belkin and HID Keyboard Device which is the integral keyboard.

Technotiger 20:41 22 Oct 2008

Have you got a USB Mouse or PS2 ordinary mouse to try?

lamond 20:49 22 Oct 2008

Yes, the USB mouse works, but the integral keyboard doesn't which means that I can't enter passwords to get in without the Belkin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

How artist Alex Yanes worked with his daughter on this bright 3D mural for Monument Valley 2

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le lancement du Galaxy Note 8 en direct ?