loss of internal wi.fi on laptop

richyb1975 12:17 21 Jul 2006

hiya- a question with regard to my laptop wi-fi settings. have broadband on main pc which have also been using on my wi-fi laptop via wireless connection. however, recently installed vodafone data network card for when im travelling and now cannot link up wirelessly to my broadband connection. the wi-fi capability seems to have disappeared. loaded up the driver for the wi-fi from computer support site and the laptop again could connect wirelessly to my network. this was ok until i restarted computer next time and the wi-fi connection had again disappeared without trace. has the installation of the vodafone data card changed my system settings? any ideas any one how i can sort this
thanks in advance
rich

ArrGee 12:23 21 Jul 2006

Is it just your own wi-fi that you can't connect to? Have you tried to connect to wi-fi anywhere else?

richyb1975 12:34 21 Jul 2006

no all internal wi-fi capability is lost and no wireless network settings are detected in netork connections folder. however it does return if i attach the wi-fi network adapter from my main pc and i can connect to network.this would suggest a problem with the internal wi-fi settings? thanks for your help here
rich

ArrGee 13:16 21 Jul 2006

Sounds like a problem with the Vodafone card, but it's worth going through the Network Setup Wizard (Control panel) to ensure that the card is the primary connection device.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?