loss of all sound on laptop

Blubottle 14:28 18 Jan 2015

I have a Dell Latitude E6240 laptop i5 vpro. my problem is that the sound output has failed on both the internal speakers and the earphone socket,and also from the HDMI output socket were the video is ok but again there is no sound. I have checked all settings and they report ok, I have tried a system restore but unfortunately I am getting error code 0x80070006. All was working fine but after being left dormant for 7 weeks this problem has occured.C an anyone advise please. regards

SparkyJack 14:51 18 Jan 2015

Have you checked 'speaker 'mute'? Bottom task bar or 'sounds' panel/control panel

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:46 18 Jan 2015

some laptops also have hardware controls near the headphone socket.

Toshiba set to mute here had me fooled for awhile.

Blubottle 13:37 19 Jan 2015

thanks both but I have tried the obvious before posting

rdave13 17:06 19 Jan 2015

Is windows audio service running and on auto?

Ex plorer 17:13 19 Jan 2015

Try your Fn buttons to switch On/Off speakers.

Hildegarde53843 06:34 20 Jan 2015

Hey, I am new to this site and I'd like to share you with some thoughts on your problem. I've been there once with my computer and I finally got the sound back by getting a new driver right for my device from this download site: 1.">[click here thing is, I've always get all my drivers updated from this site. There're always almost all kinds of latest drivers for you. And they seem to have a regular updating process, so you could always get the newest drivers once they're released. Hope this could help. Good luck.

The

Hildegarde53843 06:35 20 Jan 2015

Hey, I am new to this site and I'd like to share you with some thoughts on your problem. I've been there once with my computer and I finally got the sound back by getting a new driver right for my device from this download site: 1.">[click here thing is, I've always get all my drivers updated from this site. There're always almost all kinds of latest drivers for you. And they seem to have a regular updating process, so you could always get the newest drivers once they're released. Hope this could help. Good luck.

The

Hildegarde53843 06:37 20 Jan 2015

The

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?