Losing time clock.

Mike_R 18:17 12 Jul 2007

Yet a further problem on the PC for the grandchildren. The time clock keeps on (once a week) winding back to 00:00. Normally this would not matter but I installed AccessBoss to restrict the late night use of the PC, and an incorrect time is shafting everyone. I know that no one has been playing around with the time clock and I am wondering whether it has something to do with the internet syncronation. Just in case, I have turned this facility off. FS Pro Labs assure me that AccessBoss does not change the clock.

Any thoughts, please?

skidzy 18:20 12 Jul 2007

Possibly the motherboards cmos battery needs changing.

Mike_R 18:42 12 Jul 2007

How long do bateries last? The desktop is under two years old and still under warranty with Evesham. Perhaps I should take it up with them?

skidzy 18:47 12 Jul 2007

Ive been lucky,never had to change any of mine,and the oldest to date is around 5 years old now.
But i have change some that are 2-3 years old.

Simple enough to do and under a fiver.

Though if your machine is under warranty,you may breach the agreement if you go inside the tower.

SANTOS7 18:51 12 Jul 2007

No point, the battery could have been sat on a shelf for a millenia before they put it in, go to your neerest highstreet computer shop relieve yourself of the princely sum of about £3:50 for a new one take it home pop it in,job done...

Mike_R 19:08 12 Jul 2007

I take the point about it just costing £3.50 but to be on the safe side, I've Emailed Evesham to ensure that the warranty is not invalidated.

Mike_R 19:14 12 Jul 2007

Another thought. Will I lose any data/settings when replacing the battery?

skidzy 19:39 12 Jul 2007

This should help and put your mind at rest click here

Mike_R 17:39 15 Jul 2007

Thanks again all. I got a replacement CMOS battery for £1.99 and put it in with no problem. Not having done it before, my notes on the BIOS settings were more fullsome than necessary, but I will know next time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?