losing my mind - (03F0) boot device not found

helpsimpleton 01:19 16 Jul 2013
Answered

Hi,I'm losing my mind - I've a pavilion g6-1014sa,64 bit,windows7 and it's telling me "boot device not found (03F0)" I'm by no means comp. savvy,to say THEY drive me nuts would be understating sunlight to an albino (no offense if you are) - so I'll try & state what's going on as best i can; 1. restated my comp and the following appeared; "boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk. hard disk - (03F0) F2 systems diagnostics" 2. i ran options F2 & F3 "start-up test","run-in test" and both returned 100%,memory test pass but Hard disk not exist" - option F4 "Hard disk test" wouldn't work? TBH, i'm not sure what i did next and in what order but at 1 stage i was installing an update after checking updates - it read as follows; "initializing installation...done! installing Hotfix for windows (KB947821)(update 1of1)..." i read that this may freeze @ 60% for roughly 15mins (perhaps longer) do not interrupt.." well i waited an hour while it was frozen on >80% and turned my laptop off/on - i've turned it on/off/on several times and sometimes it will start and other times ABOVE happens? internet,youtube works - but when i tried to use software called "tournament-shark" (POKER SOFTWARE) that's where problems arose - i've had this software for many years without incident - recently,being paranoid about Trojans etc i added "malwarebyte","spywareblaster" & "Comodo" on top of already having/using AVG(free),CCleaner & spybot s&d - i've no current means of backing up my system and im unsure as what to do next,i'm hoping this is something simple that i can fix myself,with your assistance? thank you for / reading all that & your help.

BRYNIT 01:40 16 Jul 2013

Found this CLICK HERE it may work?

onthelimit1 07:17 16 Jul 2013

As BRYNIT's link suggests, it's not unusual for a laptop hard drive to move and disconnect the connection.

woodchip 10:36 16 Jul 2013

You should do a Drive Check.

double click on my computer if you can get to windows, right click C:\ drive it that's the Operating System Drive choose properties/tools/check disc tick both boxes and restart the laptop for it to run.

Do not turn it of as it takes a long time to run.

That is what as caused all your preoblems

helpsimpleton 00:24 17 Jul 2013

thank you folks for taking time out of your day to read/respond to my problem,it's very much appreciated,alas I've tried the disconnect/reconnect a few times to no avail - i also ran a drive check which didn't report any problems. it seems to be a common problem,esp amongst HP-g series. I'm currently working my way through the HP support forums on said topic,trying various posted solutions that have worked reportedly for others,again I'm afraid to no avail yet. My comp. seems to operate just fine the 50% of the time it starts without any bother so I'm hoping i can get by with the,supposed status-quo for now whilst searching for a solution and should i find one one post it back here. thanks again helpsimpleton

helpsimpleton 00:26 17 Jul 2013

thank you folks for taking time out of your day to read/respond to my problem,it's very much appreciated,alas I've tried the disconnect/reconnect a few times to no avail - i also ran a drive check which didn't report any problems. it seems to be a common problem,esp amongst HP-g series. I'm currently working my way through the HP support forums on said topic,trying various posted solutions that have worked reportedly for others,again I'm afraid to no avail yet. My comp. seems to operate just fine the 50% of the time it starts without any bother so I'm hoping i can get by with the,supposed status-quo for now whilst searching for a solution and should i find one I'll post it back here. thanks again helpsimpleton

helpsimpleton 18:00 31 Jul 2013

Hi.update......... Basically if i shutdown my comp wait 30 secs,turn it back on it'll boot-up no problem - if i choose to gamble by using the restart option I'm gonna lose 70/30 - just gonna have to live with it for now - there are times when i need to reboot my comp. and load certain programs/software (poker) within a 5 min. window & this is why this was such a problem for me (besides being a general headfu*k) but I've tweaked my start-up options to reduce boot-up-time as best i could - thanks again for your help,good luck.

helpsimpleton 21:56 01 Aug 2013

Seems i cursed myself - on restarting my PC today (manually off/on) the following appeared; WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER windows failed to start.a recent hardware or software change might be the cause.to fix this problem: 1. insert your windows installation disk & restart your computer. 2.choose your language setti8ngs and then click "next." 3.click "repair my computer." file:\boot\bcd status:0xc000000e

I managed to get my comp. working after several off/30sec/on attempts but i suspect it's about to 'give up the ghost' so to speak and just die on me? I've no installation disk and I'm wondering if i can download one and use that without loosing all my data/files/downloads etc. I'm also wondering if it's worth trying a BIOS update/reload? currently on "insyde F.52 15/02/'12"

woodchip 23:28 01 Aug 2013
Answer

No you cannot download OS discs, you may find one like yours on Ebay

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?