losing my login cookies, help please.

Green 1 10:48 28 Apr 2009

Please can anybody help me with a problem that has recently cropped up, when I log onto this and some other sites the cookies that log me in go missing and I have to put my password Etc in again, the only thing that I have added to my computer in the last few days is AVG 8.5 and this is about the time this problem started, please can anyone help me to retain the cookies, I have lowered my security level in Internet options to try to help but this did not do any good, I am on XP if this helps, as I am too techie and getting on a bit please be kind. Many thanks for any replies I may get Brian.

eedcam 10:57 28 Apr 2009

Hi have you got scan for tracking cookies ticked in Tools>Advanced settings>resident shield I have 'nt and dont get that problem .It may not be the cause but worth a look

birdface 10:57 28 Apr 2009

If using IE7 try Tools.Internet options.Content.Autocomplete settings.And make sure all 4 boxes are ticked.

Green 1 01:14 30 Apr 2009

Hi all, I have tried the things that were asked but they never worked, I am still losing my log-in cookies, each time I visit this site I have to re-log in, I am on IE6 and have been for a while and never had this problem before, perhaps if I went back to AVG8 it would help, please can anybody help me.

Green 1 03:38 30 Apr 2009

Any help guys????

keef66 10:32 30 Apr 2009

this happens to me periodically on the work pc using IE6. never worked out why though

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:11 30 Apr 2009

h t t p : // w w w. pcadvisor .co.uk/account/login/index.cfm?action=login&email=[email protected][email protected]um%26forumid%3D1

(The '1' at the very end of this URL - yes, the bit after %3D - specifies the forum.

1. Helproom.
2. ConsumerWatch.
3. Digitalworld
4. speakers Corner
5. Webdesign
6. Networking
7. Absolute Beginners

Helproom

click here address&password=your loginpassword&originurl=%2Fforums%2Findex.cfm%3Faction%3Dshowforum%26forumid%3D1

set this as your homepage and yuo will be logged straight into the helproom

lets see if it turns into a click here and b*****s up the page layout if then I will split it up and repost.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:13 30 Apr 2009

Helproom

http:// click here address&password=your loginpassword&originurl=%2Fforums%2Findex.cfm%3Faction%3Dshowforum%26forumid%3D1

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:14 30 Apr 2009

Helproom

http:// www. pcadvisor. co.uk /account/login/index.cfm?action=login&email=youremail address&password=your loginpassword&originurl=%2Fforums%2Findex.cfm%3Faction%3Dshowforum%26forumid%3D1

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:15 30 Apr 2009

take the spaces out after the

www. and pcadvisor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?