Losing the Log On Window

novis 18:28 31 Dec 2006

Whenever I open Windows a log on window appears. I am the sole user - is there any way I can lose this un-necessary window?

Stuartli 18:28 31 Dec 2006
  VoG II 18:31 31 Dec 2006
  novis 18:54 31 Dec 2006

The first reference:

click here

Remove Login Password

Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Local Security Settings/Minimum Password Length/Reduce it to 0 (No password required). Control Panel/User Account/Your Account/Remove Password.

Unfortunately there was no "Local Security Settings" to select. Perhaps it is a hidden folder but this is where it lost me as I cdnt remember how to show them.

Will try Option 1:

Direct Bootup Without Typing Password

1. At a command prompt, type "control userpasswords2" and press Enter to open the Windows 2000-style User Accounts
application.
2. On the Users tab, clear the Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer check box and then
click OK.
3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the user name and password for the account you want to be
logged on each time you start your computer.

novis 12:10 04 Jan 2007

I couldnt manage any iof these options / and when I did they did not produce the desired results.

Any suggestions?
#

Technotiger 12:15 04 Jan 2007

Hi, has this always happened or is it just a recent thing? If just recent only, then try a System Restore back to when all was ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone