Loosing internet connection all the time

alilouise 20:57 21 Jun 2006

Hi,

I have broadband through ntl, have a main pc in the house and also a laptop. Use the laptop wirelessly through a router.

the last few days though we've been loosing the internet. Happened at the weekend, yesterday and twice today.

Each time if I unplug the ntl box/modem and plug it in again it connects.

Is crazy having to keep unplugging it.

each time its happened weve been on the paddy poker website. This may not be to blame though cause 90% of the time on the net this is what we are doing so its hard to tell !!!

I wondered what you guys thought it would most likely be.

it cant be a loose connection with the plug cause when the connection does go the ntl box still has a power light, its just not picking the internet up.

I wouldnt have thought it would be anything to do with leads being dodgy as they are new and also being attached to the main house pc they are never moved.

What do you think?

alilouise 22:20 21 Jun 2006

it just done it again. is it just an ntl problem? maybe ntl box has a problem?

johnnyrocker 23:23 21 Jun 2006

ring them?

johnny.

alilouise 00:10 22 Jun 2006

will call them tomorrow. they stress me out though! lol

just read another post and that person was advised to check the event viewer for their problem.

Have done that and there are a couple of things on there. I wonder if this makes sense to any of you and may indicate the problem:-

"The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer LAPTOP that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{BD0ECE03-4FAD-4C27-A9. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced."

"The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{BD0ECE03-4FAD-4C27-A9D4-659188C79346} because a master browser was stopped."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?