loose internet everytime pc is turned off

isyuk 22:25 29 Apr 2009

I'm running vista home premium. I'm on Virgin Media broadband. My pc is connected to my wireless router via an ethernet cable. Everytime i turn off/restart my pc I loose my ability to connect to the internet/email. The broadband service is ok. Rang Virgin Media and they said broadband ok. I'm still able to use laptop via wireless router, so broadband must be ok. Unhelpful guy at Virgin said it was a pc problem. He suggested that the pc was unable to communicate with the router but i've tried connecting the pc directly to the modem but that didn't solve it. I've googled, read forums and everything i've tried doesn't work. The problem did seem to coincide with an automatic windows update, so i used system restore, which did solve the problem until i shut down and then the problem returns when booting back up. I've disabled the automatic updates but the problem still persists. My pc knowledge is limited so any help would be appreciated as going through system restore everytime i restart the pc to get my internet connection is getting tedious!

User-1229748 05:50 30 Apr 2009

in internet options-connections-lan settings-is automatically detect settings ticked?

isyuk 20:02 30 Apr 2009

Thanks for the response. No it wasn't ticked. I've ticked it, shut down the pc and re-booted it. And behold, internet and email with no system restore! Do i need to know why this has happened? Will it happen again? Thanks for the advice. Wish i had posted sooner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017