Loopy PC

pj1664 14:02 17 Oct 2007

My window xp media edition keeps going in a loop and not complete a boot up, what could be causing this? Any idea how to come around this? I have tried installing windows but same again it wont complete installation.

Jasper1973 14:43 17 Oct 2007

How about create a new user as an administrator and then reinstall as administrator - just thought it might be user privelidges that is the issue?

RobCharles1981 14:46 17 Oct 2007

Maybe some faulty Hardware.

pj1664 21:08 17 Oct 2007

Hi Jasper1973 and Rob_25_Wales, thanks fot the feedback but since windows won't boot it just keeps going in a loop and wont even install a fresh copy of windows how am I suppose to create an administrative account? I think this all happend when I uninstall my sound card driver to in stall an update for my sound card driver. Now I get the blue screen that says Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area. what ever this means?

SANTOS7 21:21 17 Oct 2007

click here
Has the atributes of the errors explained in the link

click here
this may give you something to work on...

pj1664 17:32 19 Oct 2007

Ok Guys I tell you what I have done, I remove the soundcard and after several attampts to resatart windows I finally managed to start it it's working now........so far. I uninstall all the latest drivers and it seems to be ok for now. Thanks for all your input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?