Looking For Wireless Router For PSP Gaming

G00EY 19:58 06 Feb 2006

I currently have BT Broadband (Voyager ADSL USB Modem) and am looking to get a wireless router to enable me to play online PSP when my computer is turned off.
I looked on ebay and found a note saying all wireless routers (even with adsl modems built in*???) require you to have a current set up including an broadband modem which connects to the ethernet port on the computer.
Is this true, what can i do to overcome it?
Please provide some help i would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks, Josh

*I am confused as to why this is as i do not intend to use my current modem, although i am prepared to if that is a soloution to my above problem. Thanks Again

keewaa 20:10 06 Feb 2006

This is true for a wireless router but not for an adsl wireless router. The names are confusing. Basically you have 2 types, one with a built in adsl modem (and include "adsl" in the name, the other without a built in adsl modem (but often called "dsl" routers. (no "a"))

What you want is an adsl wireless router such as the Belkin F5D7632UK or Netgear DG834G, both of which have built in adsl modems.

The advice you read fails to mention that having a seperate adsl modem connected to a seperate router can be a nightmare to configure, whereas the built in adsl modem types are easy.

G00EY 19:23 07 Feb 2006

I am extremely grateful for your help and i will soon be hoping to purchase a router in order for me to play games over a wireless network,

Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?