Looking for Vehicle Paint Software

spuds 16:23 04 Aug 2006

With EU regulations making it more difficult for obtaining certain paint mixtures, I wonder if anyone can direct me to a website, that would help solve a problem.

We are looking at certain paint codes for vehicle spraying, and due to difficulties, we cannot obtain a certain paint product. We know the code(4620) and colour(artic blue), and we are now seeking a very near match off the shelf colour that would be more readily available.

Holt's have been contacted, and so far they have not responded to our emails. The local paint mixing people are all converting to water based products, but have suggested 2 pack paint, which could prove a little troublesome, due blending-in procedures.

If you know I website, that could provide vehicle paint comparisons, either on-line or via software, then we would be very grateful.

SANTOS7 16:34 04 Aug 2006

click here
click here

these may help..

spuds 16:55 04 Aug 2006

Thanks Santos7, just fired off a couple of emails, to see if they can help.

spuds 16:39 12 Aug 2006

Back again with this one, as a final attempt. Contacted a number of companies, and now had replies except from Holts (even after 2 more email requests).

Are there any vehicle paint mixers/blenders out there, who could provide information of a regular near mix colour to Artic Blue with reference code 4620. We have also been given extra reference numbers,J3,F5D,L462 and L3L3 as an addition to the main code. Looking at the Holts/Halfords range, Vauxhall Regatta Blue looks very near comparison colour?).

I am beginning to suspect that it is not as easy, that was first thought. We assumed that in the paint mixing process, the software produced the capacities and colour range to a coding reference, then mixed to suit with an end product result. All we are seeking is software or information, that will perhaps provide an answer to paint mixing/blending.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?