Looking for a Tip

Demora 09:40 25 Jan 2005

Hi.

Sometime ago I saw a tip in a magazine about adding your own logo in the 'Mycomputer/Properties/SystemProperties/General' window. Under the screen Icon wing win logo in it ie 'Built by FRED' etc. does anyone know how to do this.

TIA

Demora

Belatucadrus 11:14 25 Jan 2005

click here Zemsoft OEM logo stamper free will do the job.

Demora 11:59 25 Jan 2005

It looks ok but at the moment download isn't possible from that site

Thanks though.

Demora

Demora 17:11 28 Jan 2005

Thaks for the Site address.

Well I have done what I wanted to BUT. Now everytime The PC is turned on the The system Properties is open even having closed it and restored pc to an earlier date. Its driving me NUTs.

This will teach me to want to put MY name on something I built.

Demora

Jeffers22 18:06 28 Jan 2005

There are two files that you can customise to do this yourself. OEMINFO.INI and OEMLOGO.BMP

Instructions are at click here

I would unistall the utility you used, or at least reverse it's changes before doing it yourself.

JonnyTub 18:10 28 Jan 2005

for my postings ta.

Jeffers22 18:25 28 Jan 2005

I might add this works a treat. I've built PC's for three sons and left cryptic messages and interesting logos on their machines. A source of some merriment when they've found them.

Demora 19:10 28 Jan 2005

Thaks for the 2 files info Jeffers22. That looks like what I read some time ago.

I reversed the changes BUT when I boot up I still have the System Properties box open on the desktop even though I've closed it as soon as I see it.

Just need to know how to turn it off. I've checked the Startup in MSCONFIG nothing relates to it.

I'm puzzled

Demora

Jeffers22 22:14 28 Jan 2005

Have you looked in the startup folder? Start > All Programs > startup. Maybe the utility you installed put an entry in there.

Demora 09:21 29 Jan 2005

Yes I checked the startup stuff. Can't see anything in there that relates to anything I don't know about. Even been through Tweakui.xp to see if anything had been altered from the settings I like.

Still puzzled

Demora

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?