Looking for safe download for keeping bank balance records

sdmck 16:36 18 Aug 2012

I used to have Microsoft Money on my old computer and would now like to be able to keep bank balance records on this new computer. Does anyone know of a programme I could download for free? Also, I presume that the information would be secure and only able to be viewed from my machine.

lotvic 16:56 18 Aug 2012

Microsoft Sunset is free: Chronus's posted Yesterday at 9:40AM in W7 forum (a different thread) link to info on google search or ClickHere for Microsoft that free prog should do what you want.

KRONOS the First 16:56 18 Aug 2012

You could just encrypt the folder where you store your files.

KRONOS the First 16:59 18 Aug 2012

Microsoft Sunset might be what lotvic is referring to.

sdmck 17:05 18 Aug 2012

Thanks folks. Will look into Microsoft Sunset. Never used encrypting before but makes sense, ta.

iscanut 17:12 18 Aug 2012

I am still using Microsoft Money 2005 version on my Windows 7 pc 32 bit..works fine without any problems. Why not try it on your new machine ?

sdmck 17:23 18 Aug 2012

Would I just transfer it from the old machine using a memory stick?

iscanut 20:40 18 Aug 2012

My previous data would not restore so I just reinstalled from the CD and set up my accounts again from scratch. I know I lost all my old data but that was not a problem to me.

sdmck 11:41 19 Aug 2012

Think I will try and download Sunset - there were a couple of things I didn't like about the old Microsoft Money anyway. Thanks all for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?