Looking for a program to....

User-A9A90269-9442-4E72-841B36635E4BF37A 00:23 22 Aug 2005

Hi guys and girls, im looking for a program with a very specific purpose, i know one exists, but i just cant find one, i hope someone can help me, my problem is that.....

Im going to uni in a month, and i want to leave my pc at home on constantly just connected to the internet via broadband, but i want to be able to access my computer via the internet to pick up certain files while im at uni. I dont want to put files on a site like foldershare.com as i do not know what files ill want off my computer while im at uni.

someone please help or give me an alternate idea, thanks :)

Nelmon2k 00:41 22 Aug 2005

Personally I would put all the files you want in a folder and share that folder using apache. Then use a .htaccess file to stop people accessing this without a password.

Taff36 00:45 22 Aug 2005

This is the only one I know of but have never used it click here Type "Virtual Private Networks" into google for more.

DieSse 00:50 22 Aug 2005

Why not use a portable USB hard drive - you'll get all your data onto one without any problems, and can just carry it around and plug-in wherever you are.

Imagine the hassle you'll have if your system throws a "wobbly" and you can't get remote access to it!!!!

Chegs ® 01:00 22 Aug 2005

real vnc click here will allow you to access your home PC from where-ever.If you set it up with a password,then only you can access it.

Nelmon2k 01:27 22 Aug 2005

RealVNC is very good for controling your pc but not for getting stuff from one computer to the other.

thanks ill prob us vnc, and ill prob buy a portable hard drive to back my music up anyways, thank u [-_-]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?