looking for an outline font type

Smokeyone 09:32 19 Dec 2008

Hello
I wonder if anyone knows of a font outline type where the infilled space is white. I need something like this to go over a multicoloured background and have searched hundreds of font pages. An alternative answer might be to infill an existing font style if someone could explain how to do this.
Thanks

MAJ 10:09 19 Dec 2008

You could use "Alba Super", even though it has a transparent infill, a graphics program could be used to overcome that problem by saving each letter you need as a gif or png image.

Smokeyone 10:11 19 Dec 2008

Thank you for the help. Would the prgramme work so as to save the complete true type file so that I could add it to my fonts file..

MAJ 10:18 19 Dec 2008

Just thinking again, Smokeyone, it might be tricky to do it. Someone on the forum had a font creating program, Pesala (I think), it might be a far better option. Try a search of the forum for mention of it, it wasn't that long ago, within the last two months I think.

MAJ 10:26 19 Dec 2008

I think Pesala mentioned this site click here

Smokeyone 10:33 19 Dec 2008

That seems a brilliant idea but would assume you would still only have a black font.My problem is that the multicoloured background shows through an outline font and though it is easier to read than a solid font it's still not perfect. Really I am looking for a white font with a black outline but maybe it's not possible in a TT file.

Woolwell 10:50 19 Dec 2008

Adamsky Outline may meet your requirements click here

Native Normal click here has shading and is upper case only.

Woolwell 10:56 19 Dec 2008

Sorry you still have the same problem of background showing through - should have read your previous post closer.

Woolwell 11:06 19 Dec 2008

I may be muddying the waters but I am trying to work out what the end product looks like. I assume that you are printing the background and text. Using Serif PagePlus X3 I can choose a font like Cooper Black insert it over a colured background then I change the font colour to white and the change the line of the text to black and I end up with white outline text on a coloured background.

Smokeyone 11:51 19 Dec 2008

Thank you for trying to assist but if you wished to over write images would it still work...
That's the problem I have - black does not show up well, white is very slightly better but not much, grey a bit better, outline is best but if such a thing exists, black outline with a white infill - not transparent.
I could work around the problem by having the text in different parts of the image - re different images - depending upon the background but it would be better to keep the text in the same place on each image. A font file would be the easiest option - cannot really hand colour dozens of words...

DippyGirl 12:34 19 Dec 2008

Not sure exactly what you are after but looking through the fonts in Inkscape Gazzerelli is a white font with a black outline
Google gives click here as a download site
Or you may find something else there
- sorry if this is way off beam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?