Looking for a new TFT monitior

LABMAN 17:40 23 Aug 2006

Hi Folks,

I'm thinking of going a new TFT monitor to replace my sons 17" CRT monitor which is going all fuzzy and I have come across these two in PC World and wondered if any of you had any opinions to share on them
click here

And

click here

I know a lot of people on here are convinced that buying from PC World is something akin to throwing your money away but I've never had any problems with any of my dealings with them, so advice on the quality and reliability of both would be greatfully appreciated.

Peter

al224 17:56 23 Aug 2006

both good moniters - personally id go for first one. Why not try currys (click here) - they migt have other moniters.

jjss 19:10 23 Aug 2006

Have a look at click here, they have a 19in for £128.08 plus delivery. They have good customer service and many on this forum will speak well of this company.

stefan0506 19:27 23 Aug 2006

Yeh. I agree. Novatech is a good online service, but i dont think delivery is free, because i got my PSU for my computer about 3days ago and it cost somewhere in the region of £10 delivery.

p.s - they dont use royal mail so size doesnt matter.

al224 19:29 23 Aug 2006

did u look at currys

yaesu 19:32 23 Aug 2006

Hi, for what it's worth the current PC Pro has tests of 17 inch TFT monitors, regards, yaesu

LABMAN 19:45 23 Aug 2006

Hi Folks,

thanks for the links to other web sites as some of the monitors do look quite nice but I really don't want the hassle of ordering online and posting stuff back if something goes wrong.

I much prefer the Idea of somewhere I can stick the box in the car and go back to the shop and am lucky in having quite a few computer shops near my work where I can get stuff from and yes some of the monitors are even cheaper, some times a lot cheaper, than the PC World ones but tend to ne makes you have never heard of it.

I'm really interested in finding out if any one has any experience of these two in particular or at least the brands as I at least recognise both of them.

Peter

Strawballs 19:46 23 Aug 2006

I buy most of my bits from Novatech but I have the advantage of living very close so if I have problems I can go in and see them and that has only happened once with a memory stick which they exchanged without even testing it.

Woolwell 19:49 23 Aug 2006

Just a thought - Curry's and PC World are part of the same group, DSG (Dixons).

wky 21:57 23 Aug 2006

on ebuyer or watford electronics, they have a samsung 19" widescreen for round about £160, with 4ms response, I plan on buying this later.

LABMAN 10:25 27 Aug 2006

Hi folks,
Thanks for all the inputs but just so as to close the thread I piked this one up the other day in Comet

click here

Sons over the moon with it and to be honest so am I, only wish I could think of a reason to replace my 19" Hyundai Imagequest (but she who must be obeyed bought if for me.

Thanks for all your input

Peter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache