Looking for a light web browser...

hhh123kid 15:26 20 Jul 2007

.. that retains the most features. I'm on a slow pc here using the latest firefox which isn't too bad but does take time to open and does slow down sometimes. I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend a lighter web browser (maybe some older one) that would have some of the features that I might take for granted while browsing (if they dont its fine, I could always use firefox for pages like that).

Its like me using Windows Messenger instead of the latest Windows Live Messenger.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

brundle 16:03 20 Jul 2007

KMeleon is quite good; click here

octal 16:03 20 Jul 2007

The trouble is getting a browser that has all the features you want will slow the computer down with Java, Java script and Flash Player running in the background. Having said that, Have you tried Opera? The install is slightly smaller and the way it renders pages is slightly different which gives the appearance of loading faster. The other alternative is to use a text only browser like Lynx click here which if you only want to view text the speed can't be beaten, it is a very fast browser indeed, but it does take some getting used to.

woodchip 16:12 20 Jul 2007

click here
and Download click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?